Top Tips to help you make the right choice
We’d firstly like to thank all our valued clients we’ve had the pleasure of working with over the past 18 years. With 2014 just around the corner, here are our ‘top tips’ for all those seeking a transcription services provider that can deliver the results you desire for your transcription processing.
Forewarned is Forearmed:
The internet is a great place to find any service that you are looking for, but it is always best to follow some tips and guidelines that will make your decision a wise choice. Transcription processing is no different to searching out any other business, and if you use these ‘top tips’, then you shouldn’t go far wrong:
- Most importantly, ask the right questions to enable an informed choice.
- Do not be duped by price alone.
- What do you get for your money?
- Are there added costs in your transcription processing?
- Who proofreads the transcripts?
- How is accurate research achieved?
- Discuss cross-referencing.
- Security and what systems are in place?
- Confidentiality, how is this handled?
- And last but not least, can you build a long-lasting business relationship with a transcription processing provider who understands the needs of your organisation?
Transcription companies operate a virtual service and whilst it is a flexible and great alternative to employing in-house staff, there are many pitfalls you can encounter along the way.
If you are not asked the right questions when you first make contact, alarm bells should start to ring. Transcription services should be offered by skilled professionals who deliver accurate and cost-effective documents. Do not be fooled by what we class as ‘churning’, where all you will receive are transcripts full of typos, mishears, inadequate research and phonetically spelt words.
What is the point in receiving a document the next day when you cannot use it? Do not concentrate on speed as a priority, or cost first and foremost because in the long run you will be having to amend your document. If you expect and want an accurate transcription of your recording, then take a moment to think how this will be achieved.
We hope we’ve enlightened you to the importance of making a wise choice when choosing a transcription services company that you feel confident in working with.
For free advice you are welcome to give us a call on +44 (0) 1707 260027.